Description

Images and ideas from the photo students at Snow College. A storehouse, sketchbook, idea-generator, and public musing space.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Final Ideas Shoot - Jacob Chapman

http://jakscoproductions.com/blog/wip/1123.html

My work is developed in two stages. The first is very rigid, technical, focused on composition, and technique. The second is very different from the first. It's very forgiving, allowing for full creativity without having to think about the resulting image. This makes the first half feel stressful in comparison to the second half, but - for me - photography isn't really stressful, just in comparison.

After I take carefully capture images of a motionless scenery I color over my prints with colored pencils and rough graphite. I want to take some of the accurate "facts of a scene" that modern cameras capture and replace these facts with fictional colors and analog textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment